Norovirus confirmed in Ernakulam; infected school students undergoing treatment


Kochi: Norovirus infection has been confirmed in Ernakulam. Three students of a private school in Kakkanad were infected by the virus. The students are undergoing treatment at a hospital. The infection was confirmed following an examination after they showed symptoms of diarrhoea and vomiting.

Some parents are also suspected to have been infected by the virus. The school has been shut down for three days to contain the spread of the virus. Tests are being conducted to see if more students are infected.

Norovirus is a viral infection that can cause illnesses related to the stomach. The virus causes inflammation of the lining of the stomach and the intestines. The virus causes severe diarrhoea and vomiting.

The virus infection will be mild in healthy people. However, it could be serious in children, old people and those with other underlying medical conditions.


Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Youtube
Telegram
Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.