Fire breaks out in Kottayam Medical College, no injuries

Kottayam: A fire broke out in the Kottayam Medical College on Friday. However, a major tragedy was averted due to the timely intervention of safety officials and a lift operator to extinguish the fire.

The fire broke out in the lecture hall of the gynaecology department at around 1:30 pm. The AC Voltage Stabilizer used here caught fire.

However, the fire was doused immediately by safety officials on duty, Satheesh KD, SS Mahesh, MP Prasanth, and Monsy Cheriyan, a lift operator working in the medical college.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.