22 people suffer food poisoning after eating dinner at Wayanad hotel

1 min read
Read later

Representative Image | Mathrubhumi archives

Kalpetta (Wayanad): As many as 22 people suffered food poisoning after eating food from a hotel here. The affected individuals dined at a hotel near the Wayanad fire station, which has since been closed down by the municipality.

Fifteen individuals from a single family and seven others from Kozhikode district had their dinner at the hotel around nine o'clock last night. The hospital has reported that all are in satisfactory health.

Also Read

Take action to prevent transport of tsunami ...

Guests fall ill after consuming food at ...

Suspected food poisoning: Over 75 people ...

Following the incident, both the food safety department and the municipal health department conducted an inspection, revealing that the hotel had stored food items, including meat, in unhygienic conditions.

As an immediate measure, the hotel has been ordered to close. The health department and food safety department have stated that further actions will be taken to address the situation.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.

Gopi Kottamurikkal

1 min

RBI stand no bar, will provide financial aid to Karuvannur bank if CPM asks: Kerala Bank President

Oct 1, 2023

puthankurish police station

1 min

Four of family attacked by neighbour with sharp weapon in Kerala, accused taken into custody

Oct 1, 2023

Indian badminton players Satwiksairaj Rankireddy, Kidambi Srikanth, Rohan Kapoor, Chirag Shetty, Arjun Madathil Ramachandran and HS Prannoy | Photo: PTI

2 min

Badminton at Asian Games: India sign off with first-ever team silver after losing to China in final

Oct 1, 2023