Are you gearing up for that long waited holiday in Thailand? The island country is a tasteful mix of history, culture and natural beauty. With a whole lot of spectacular beaches and magnificent monuments, you have a lot to look forward to. But have you prepared well for the trip? If not, don’t panic, we have you covered.
Tips to keep in mind before the trip.....
1. Start preparations well in advance. Use Google to find your answers and clarifications.
2. Thailand government has approved for free ‘Visa on Arrival’ for Indian passport holders who are visiting Thailand for Tourism and plan to stay no more than 15 days in the country. It is safe to avail tour packages. But those who love taking risks can go on their own.
3. Air tickets can be booked well in advance and offers can be made use of.
4. KLOOK App can be used to decide on where to visit, how to go, hotel bookings etc. This app also helps those planning trips to countries like Hong Kong and Malaysia. Taxi, one-day trip booking can also be done on this app.
5. BTS or the Skytrain is similar to our Metro service. If an economical trip is in your mind, hotels near BTS stations can be booked.
6. Air fare for Air Asia flights are cheaper. Only thing is their service falls in that category. The main point is the baggage limit allowed on this flight is 7kg. Also if you need to take luggage the service should be availed while booking tickets.
7. It is better to download and fill the form for ‘Visa on Arrival’ before the trip as it could save time in Thailand. Also the ‘Arrival and Departure’ card obtained from the flight can be prepared.
8. After reaching Thailand, there are two ways to obtain the ‘Visa on Arrival’. One is to stand in queue and obtain it. The other one is to pay a little extra at the express counter at the airport and obtain the same. The latter option is better as the procedures take only 20 to 25 minutes to complete and need not stand in queue for long. But it should be remembered that the express visa counter is not situated at a place inside the airport that catches attention.
9. If you are planning a short trip, a SIM that has a validity of 8 days and gives free internet service can be taken. This might cost around Rs 300.
10. Most of the hotels have check-in time at 2 pm to 12 am. If you are reaching the hotel before that, the luggage can be stored there but check-in can’t be done. If your flight arrival time falls in this category, you can plan to visit some places on that day without worrying about the luggage.
11. Meanwhile, don’t try to convert your money into Thai baht. It is better to convert the money before setting out on the journey. If you are converting to dollar from here, it can be converted to baht only after reaching Thailand.
Well, now that you are fully prepared, let’s go Thailand.