Before you go on long bike rides
- Avoid night rides, if possible. Make it for the day, it gives a better picture of the roads. Try to avoid the nights and get back to your rides when the sun is up.
- Always check and recheck if all necessary items are packed. We may not get what we require on the way, so it’s safe to keep what we want with us (it is required).
- If there is confusion about the way, always take advice from more than 2 people. It’s better to ask lorry or taxi drivers because no one would ever know the character of roads like they do. Never depend on Google Maps only .
- It’s important to learn Hindi language if you are planning a North Indian trip. Though you cannot learn everything, try understanding some words that would keep you moving.
- First-aid box, sleeping bag, tent and stove (if required), a small knife, backup mobile, gloves, pads to be worn on knees and elbows and power bank are some of the necessary things that you need to carry. Never drive without wearing a helmet.