State Kabaddi player electrocuted to death in Palakkad

Philip Alwin Prince

Palakkad: Philip Alwin Prince, a state senior team Kabaddi player, who tried to pluck coconut using a bamboo made stick was electrocuted at Attapallamm, near Walayar on Monday.

The 27-year old Prince hailing from Eruthempathy here succumbed while he was at relative’s place. The incident happened at afternoon.

According to police, the stick he used to pluck the coconut came in touch with the 64 kv transmission line going from Kanjikode substation to Malabar Cements. The man was thrown away due to the high-power electricity transmission. Though fire and safety personnel rushed him to the hospital, he died.

The dead body has been kept at mortuary of district hospital and funeral will happen on Tuesday 12 PM at St. Peter’s Church, Eruthempathy.

Prince is the son of Japamala and Congress ward member Lasar. His sister is Lency.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.