I am an alleged actor, says actor Prakash Raj.

Neetha Nataraj

Prakash Raj| Photo: Instagram|joinprakashraj|

The actor's conversation with journalist Viju V at MBIFL' 2023 explored various perspectives of the multifaceted actor's multiple roles in life.

Reminiscences of his growing period revealed the choices he made in life . He is a college drop out who didn't know what he wanted,but who knew very well on what he didn't want.

He joined theatre and became part of Street theatre Movement. "Theatre experiences moulded me to understand minor aspects of literature and poetry ". I believe that life takes up 95 percent and it only the remaining 5 percent for other roles ". he added.

He continued to say that acting helps him to be an enriched person as he gets to be in constant journey with writers and directors.He is on the shoulders of many writers and directors and hence is viewed better.

His stance on politics was that, the moment a person steps out of his house, his political life begins. Citizens of the country should be the most important person and the power of the citizen needs to be understood well.

Commenting on the present day political situation, the actor stated that people in power should speak the truth. His take on the controversial BBC documentary was that, "the documentary could be right or wrong, but the reactions of the people concerned on the documentary is wrong and if they are legitimate, why would they want to hide it? "

He urged the audience to always "read between the lines." He said that, "the freedom to question and the freedom of expression of citizens should never be stopped by any ruling power. When Gowri Lankesh was buried, I said that we sowed her. If one voice is silenced, a 100 voice will be born."

About his acting life, Prakash Raj reflected that he is an intense actor but he is starting to relearn the process as the present day actors including Fahad Fazil are bench marks to raise the bar for every actor.

The interactive and lively session concluded with his statement that he loves his life and also what he is doing.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.