Python climbs electric pole, gets electrocuted after coiling on power line
Kochi: A python that climbed on an electric pole at Sebastian Road near Kaloor-Kadavanthra road here was electrocuted.
A family residing near the place found the python climbing on the pole. It was about to reach the top portion of the pole by the time they called the KSEB officers. Though the power supply was immediately switched off, the python had already coiled on the electric wires and got electrocuted.
KSEB sub engineer Dinesh and overseer Fidar from Kaloor KSEB office arrived at the spot and started the procedures to take the dead python down. Lineman Abdul Jaleel finally managed to bring down the dead snake from the pole. The carcass was handed over to forest department officials from Kodanad.