Pet dog removes broken power line to save master, electrocuted to death in Kottayam
Vazhoor (Kottayam): In a heartbreaking incident, a pet dog saved the life of its master here. Ajesh and pet dog Appoos were on their way to buy milk in the morning. Though Appoos got electrocuted from a broken power line on the road, he did not give up and ended up saving his master's life sacrificing his own.
Chamampathal native Ajesh (32) was saved by his pet dog in a miraculous incident. Ajesh set out to buy milk from the neighbourhood on Wednesday morning. Appoos was lying on the courtyard and followed Ajesh.
As the dog walked in front, he was thrown away to a distance of about 10 feet under the impact of shock from the power line. When Ajesh ran to help him, the dog barked at him and stopped him from coming near.
Then Appoos got hold of the power line and moved it from the way. He did not wake up after this. Ajesh immediately informed the neighbours and the KSEB office. The dog's body was removed after the power supply was turned off.
Appoos was laid to rest on the house premises. Ajesh and family are grieving the death of the pet dog who gave him a second life. The power line happened to break due to age.