Dog gets trapped in snare set up for wild boar; rescued after a month
Chittariparambu (Kannur): A stray dog which got accidentally trapped in a snare set up for wild boars has been rescued after one and a half months. The incident happened at Chunda in Poovathinkeezhu here.
The dog's leg was trapped in a cable wire over a month ago. This inflicted a deep cut on its leg and turned into a sore. Locals in Chunda on Sunday morning caught the stray dog that was whining due to pain. Prasad Fans Rescue member K Shiju from Chittaripparambu Koyyattu rescued the dog from the cable wire trap.
With the help of the locals, the dog was tied up and Shiju cut the tight cable with a cutter. The bone of the leg was visible as the cable wire knot tightened and became a sore. The dog was released after applying medicines on the wound.