DDE office employee bitten by snake while searching among files in Malappuram
Malappuram: An employee at the DDE office here was bitten by a snake while he was searching for some files. Subrahmanyam (46), a native of Chappanangadi village, was immediately taken to Manjeri medical college hospital and given first-aid. He was later discharged from hospital since the snake’s poison was not fatal.
The employees alleged that no action was taken even after repeated complaints to concerned authorities about the unsafe conditions at workplace.
Last month an audio clip of an employee stating the horrible conditions of the building was widely circulated on social media. The rooftop of the building is prone to severe leakage during rainy season. The files were stockpiled on the veranda. Subrahmanyam was bitten by the snake while searching the pile on Tuesday.
The employees say that they fear for their life while working in this dilapidated building.