Couple uses rat poison for pepper powder in fish fry, hospitalized
Gandhi Nagar (Kottayam): A young couple who consumed rat poison mistaking it to be pepper powder have been admitted to Kottayam medical college hospital the other day. Meenachil native Justin (22) and wife Shalini (22) were admitted to the hospital following the unfortunate mishap.
According to the statement by the couple, power supply was stopped when they were frying fish on Tuesday night. The rat poison was kept in a tin in the kitchen. As the power was disrupted, the couple mistook the rat poison for pepper powder and added it in the fish fry.
After consuming food, they started vomiting. With this, they searched the kitchen and realised their mistake. They immediately sought medical help at Pala taluk hospital and later at Kottayam medical college. The doctors said that both are out of danger.