Now apply for Indian passport in UAE via online
Dubai: Indian expats who need to apply passport in UAE can submit their application online. High Commissioner of India Navdeep Singh Suri informed that the decision came into effect on Wednesday. Dubai and the other five Emirates have started to accept online applications from this week.
As per the new system, those who apply for new passports or renew their passports can submit their application at the embassypassportindia.gov.in. After this, they should reach BLS centres with required certificates and complete remaining formalities.
In the present facility, people will get passports within 5 days after applying. With the introduction of online facility, it will be received within 3 days. Most of the Indian passports are issued from the Indian embassy in UAE. Last year 2,72,500 Indian passports were issued from UAE.
Steps to apply online
- Visit https://embassy.passportindia.gov.in/ and choose passport Seva at Indian Embassies and Consulate
- Select UAE from option country
- Create a user ID after registering in a link
- Log in with this ID
- Now, you will get the link on homepage to apply for passport. Click this and fil the application form
- Take printout of online application. Visit BSL centre with the application and complete other procedures.