Huge fire at Keralites’ apartment in Jeddah
Jeddah: A huge fire broke out in an apartment here on Sunday where 3 Keralites were residing. No casualties were reported. Meanwhile, their belongings, including expensive items, were gutted down in the fire.
The incident took place on Sunday midnight around 2.30 am.
Kozhikode Karaparamba native Saheer, Cherooppa native Aboobacker and Kanthapuram native Harshad were the inmates at the apartment.
It is learned that the fire broke out from a short circuit in the plug of washing machine. When the fire spread to the room, all three men were asleep.
Two passports, one Iqama, three laptops, four smartphones, cash of 8500 Rial, washing machine, two air conditioners and other furnitures were destroyed in the fire.
The three men were residing at this place since 4 years. Following the fire, the trio shifted to a mosque close to the apartment.
Saheer who is in Jeddah since 25 years was into welding works. In order to renew Iqama, he had given 9,500 Rial to the sponsor. But the sponsor declined his request. Hence, he is living in Jeddah without Iqama. The cash he reserved to renew Iqama was also gutted in the fire.