Woman suffers burn injuries after dress catches fire from kerosone stove, dies

1 min read
Read later

P Reshmi

Poinachi: A woman who was undertaking treatment for burn injuries after her dress accidentally caught fire from a cooking stove, died on Thursday. The incident happened on January 21, when 23-year-old Reshmi visited her uncle’s house at Muliyar in Kasaragod. The deceased is daughter of Adukkathubayal native K Ratnakaran Nair and P Pushpa.

Reshmi’s dress caught fire from a kerosene stove when she was holding a container of hot water. Following surgery at a hospital in Mangaluru, she was shifted to a private hospital in Kasaragod last week.

Reshmi was working in an online service centre at Poinachi Town.

The mortal remains were examined at Government Medical College in Kannur after the inquest by Adhur police.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.