VT Balram criticises govt's quarantine claim, says mere exaggeration
Kozhikode: Congress MLA VT Balram criticised Kerala government for deciding to end the institutional quarantine system for expats. Balram wrote in his Facebook page that the Chief Minister and the government’s claim of having prepared more than two and half lakh beds for foreign returnees was an exaggeration.
The MLA said that as of 06/06/2020 institutional quarantine was given for only 21,987 people, which is only 8.7 percent of the government’s actual claim. Yet the reports of scrapping institutional quarantine facilities are coming out. He also that only 10 percent of the government’s claims are true and the remaining 90 percent is exaggeration.
Stopping institutional quarantine facilities and sending people home is extremely dangerous especially when the threat of community transmission is more than ever.