Vava Suresh hospitalised after snakebite, recovering
Thiruvananthapuram: Renowned snake catcher Vava Suresh was hospitalised after suffering from snakebite. He was admitted to medical college here after being bitten by a viper he had caught from a well. The incident happened on Tuesday morning near Kalanjoor Idathara junction.
The snake he had caught was taken in a bottle. He was bitten by the snake, when he was taking the snake out of the bottle as requested by onlookers. Suresh was given first aid with the medicine he was carrying and was taken to the hospital by noon.
Hospital superintendent Dr. M S Sharmmad said that Suresh was admitted to Multi-Disciplinary ICU and he was recovering. Antivenom is being administered and requires 72-hour observation, doctor further said.