10-yr-old Malappuram boy dies in freak mishap, neck gets entangled in chain


Valanchery: A 10-year-old boy at Malappuram’s Marakkara choked himself to death on Monday after getting entangled in the chain used for fastening cat while playing with it.

Deceased Afzan, son of Umarool Farook and Ghamarunneesa, residing at Kuttatudumal region, was playing with the chain which was hanging near the kitchen door. According to police, the boy slipped from the kitchen steps and his neck got entangled in the chain strangling him. Though there were other members inside the house, the boy could not be rescued as nobody knew about it.

The tragedy came to light only later when his mother reached the kitchen after some time. On seeing the boy hanging from the chain, his mother alerted others. Though they rushed him to a private hospital, the boy's life could not be saved.

Kadampuzha police visited the place and examined the scene. Further procedures were taken. The body has been shifted to Manjeri Medical College Hospital for autopsy. The procedure will be done on Tuesday morning and the body handed over to his family.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.