Representational Image | Photo: AP
Thiruvananthapuram: According to the updated voters’ list, Kerala has 2,67,95,581 voters. This includes the new voters who recently enrolled. According to Chief Electoral Officer (Kerala) Sanjay Kaul, the list includes teenagers who turned 18 before January 1, 2023.
The assembly election of 2021 had 2,74,46,039 voters in the list. The local body election had 2,76,56,579 voters. It may be noted that the local body polls use a different list than the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections.
As a part of voters’ list clean-up, 5,65,334 individuals were removed from the electoral roll. In that, 3,60,161 voters had passed away and 1,97,497 voters had shifted their residences.
Some of the interesting data insights from the list are as follows:
- The number of women voters is higher than men voters
- District with highest number of voters is Malappuram (32,18,444)
- District with lowest number of voters is Wayanad (6,15,984)
- District with highest number of expat voters is Kozhikode (34,695)
- Malappuram district has highest number of women voters
- The number of transgender voters increased from 259 (draft list) to 274 (final list)