Two members of a family electrocuted in Alappuzha
Chengannur: Two members of a family were electrocuted after she came in contact with a live power transmission line near Budhanoor here.
Kadambur native Omana, her daughter-in-law Manju were killed around 10.30 am on Friday.
A branch of one of the trees in the front yard of Omana’s house fell over the power line. The power line snapped and fell on the ground.
Manju was electrocuted while trying to save Omana. A six-year-old child was also injured.
The bodies have been kept in the mortuary.