Two die while cleaning biogas plant in Malappuram; one critical
Edavanna (Malappuram): Two persons died after inhaling toxic gas from a biogas plant at Pathapiriyam here on Monday. Another person is hospitalised in critical condition.
The deceased were identified as Chunkathara native Jomon and Bihar native Ajay. It is reported that the mishap took place when they were trying to clean the biogas plant. Five persons were engaged in the cleaning task.
As per reports, three of the labourers fainted and fell into the plant while cleaning. When others cried for help, local residents rushed to the spot. However, the residents could only bring out one of the workers out alive.
He was rushed to the hospital where he remains critical. The bodies of the other two were taken out after breaking one portion of the biogas plant.