TVM man, son electrocuted to death while trying to pluck coconut


Thiruvananthapuram: In a tragic incident, a man and his son were electrocuted to death while trying to pluck coconut here on Friday. The deceased were identified as Chowara natives Appukkuttan (65) and Renil (30).

Appukkuttan was electrocuted when the iron pole which he used for plucking coconut accidentally fell into an electric line adjacent to the area. While attempting to save his father, Renil also suffered electric shock and breathed his last.

Vizhinjam police rushed to the spot and initiated further proceedings.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.