Man dies 2 days after consuming poison


Kumar

Marayoor: A man who sought medical help after self-poisoning died at the hospital here on Sunday. The deceased is identified as Kumar (25), a native of Thayannankudi tribal colony and son of Aniyan and Neelamani admitted. It is learned that he had consumed rat poison two days back.

Kumar sought medical aid in a private hospital on Sunday complaining of chest pain. But there was no variation shown in the ECG. Later, he told the doctor that two days back, he had consumed rat poison and secretly stayed in the agricultural property in Thayannankudi. When he felt discomfort, he called for an auto-rickshaw and came to the hospital.

The hospital authority provided primary aid and admitted him to the hospital. Since he came alone to the hospital, the authorities immediately informed the Marayur panchayat, Scheduled Tribe office and Chinnar wildlife sanctuary.

The panchayat president Usha Henry, standing committee chairman Jomon Thomas, panchayat member K Ali, Block panchayat member Vijay Kalidas and Social worker Dhanush PK took Kumar to the Adimali Taluk hospital. But they could not save his life.

He is survived by his wife Bhagyalakshmi.

After the postmortem at Adimali Taluk hospital, the body was cremated in the Marayoor panchayat general crematorium.

(Suicide is not a solution to any problem. Seek the help of a mental health expert if you are in distress. Toll-free helpline number-1056)

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Youtube
Telegram
Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.