Representative Image | Mathrubhumi archives
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala government has issued new guidelines for study tours from schools in the wake of the bus tragedy in Vadakkencherry.
The guidelines issued by General Education Department:
- Travel between 10 PM and 5 AM will not be allowed
- Only those vehicles complying with Motor Vehicle Department mandates will be permitted
- Only those tour operators authorised by the government should be involved. The list of authorised operators will be available on the department website.
- If there are any grievances against the driver’s conduct, then they should be intimated to Regional Transport Officer
- Schools should have a travel committee. A teacher under school management’s control should be the convenor. The committee should include a student representative from the school parliament, two teachers’ representatives and a PTA representative.
- A detailed itinerary and time-cost estimates should be prepared and handed over to schools and the education department. Parents' meetings should be convened to brief the same. Before travel, the police station concerned should be briefed about the trip.
- In an academic year, only three days will be permitted for a study tour. This can be taken either together or separate.
- Teacher-student ratio should be 1:15.