Thiruvananthapuram: District Collector Dr Navjot Khosa on Saturday released the detailed regulations of the Attukal Pongala festival of 2022. The government had earlier permitted a maximum of 1,500 people for religious festivals. However, Covid-19 curbs ban road-side 'pongala' this year too.
- 1,500 devotees allowed to visit the temple on festival day
- Crowd control also applicable to nearby buildings of the temple
- No one below the age of 18 years allowed
- However, children can enter along with family members
- RTPCR test within 72 hours or Covid-19 positive certificate no older than three months compulsory to visit the temple
- No one with symptoms allowed
- Crown control measures such as markings, barricades to be installed
- Devotees must follow authorities' directions
- Mask is compulsory
Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.