Thiruvananthapuram: In a tragic incident, a woman was electrocuted to death a day before the housewarming ceremony of her newly built house here. The deceased was identified as Kunnukuzhi native Sajitha Kumari alias Molly.
The incident took place on Wednesday by 10.15 am. She was cleaning the house ahead of the house warming ceremony. As the construction was not completed, the electric wires were lying all over the floor. Sajitha was electrocuted to death after touching the wires while cleaning the house.
The tragedy came to light only after her sons and the construction workers came to the house later. Though Sajitha was rushed to hospital, her life could not be saved. Though she was a heart patient and suffered stroke, Sajitha had worked hard to construct the new house along with her sons. She and her sons were engaging in manual labours for a living.
Voluntary organisations and locals also helped the family to build the house. As they had to vacate the rented house on Thursday, they decided to shift the new house urgently. Sajitha was working in a ration shop near the house due to health issues.
Sajitha is survived by sons Mithun and Mridul and daughter-in-law Divya.