A representative image
Strict restrictions will be implemented in Kerala on Sunday in the wake of surging Covid-19 cases. The restrictions would render the state in a lockdown-like situation. Relaxation is provided only for essential services. While coming out of the house, a letter stating the reason of travel must be produced. Cases will be registered against those who go out unnecessarily and their vehicle will be seized.
- Shops selling medicines, fruits, milk, vegetables, groceries, fish and meat will be open from 7 am to 9 pm. Restaurants and bakeries will service only parcel and home delivery.
- Only 20 people are supposed to attend the wedding and funeral.
- Travel to hospitals and for vaccinations are allowed.
- Travel to hotels and resorts are allowed if they have done booking in advance. Stay voucher should be carried
- Sunday will be a working day for government-private organisations, companies, workshops and media outlets. Employees can travel with an identity card.
- Those appearing for examinations should keep Admit Card.
- Bars and liquor stores will not work. Toddy shops can work. Long-distance buses and trains will also be in service.