Thrissur: Third-grader electrocuted from ground wire

1 min read
Read later

Mattathur (Thrissur): In a tragic accident, a third-grade student was electrocuted to death in Mattathurkunnu. Akarsh (8), son of Palakkal Viswambharan and Nisha, was found dead next to the earth wire of the house.

The incident happened on Thursday at 4 pm. He was a student of Kodakara Government LP school. The KSEB inspection found that the ground was live.

The parents found Akarsh dead when they went in search of him who had gone outside to wash his hands to have the snacks brought by his father. Their house was old and the ground wire was connected to an iron nail on the wall. Ground wire, a wire that is connected to the earth, helps to avoid danger by ensuring flow of current to the earth. If it is not connected properly, the electricity will pass through the person who touches it, causing electrecution.

The primary inspection was done by Assistant Engineer (Electrical) of Kodakara Sub Division of KSEB. Further inspection will be done on Friday.

The cremation is on Friday.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.


1 min

Malayali cop brutally assaulted by three-member gang in Delhi 

Sep 22, 2023


1 min

Congress leader arrested for cyberbullying wives of CPM leaders using morphed photos

Sep 22, 2023


1 min

K-FON services now available for general public outside BPL category 

Sep 22, 2023