Teen dies from food poisoning: Van of eatery set on fire

1 min read
Read later

Screengrab: Mathrubhumi News

Kasaragod: The vehicle owned by the eatery Ideal Food point in Cheruvathur was set on fire on Monday. A 16-year-old girl, who ate shawarma from here, died due to alleged ‘food poisoning’ the other day.

Following the death of Devananda, the locals pelted stones at the restaurant on Sunday. On Monday morning, the van used for delivery was found burnt and Chandera police shifted the burnt vehicle to the premises of the station.

Police arrested Mangaluru native Anex, who is the managing partner of Ideal Foodpoint in Cheruvathur and a migrant worker Sandesh Roy from Nepal by imposing charges of unintentional killing. Another managing partner of the eatery is also under police custody.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.