KSRTC’s ticket machine explodes injuring conductor’s hand


It is assumed that the machine, manufactured by a company called MicroFX was exploded due to a short circuit

Thiruvananthapuram: In a shocking incident, a KSRTC bus conductor was injured after the ticket machine exploded into flames. Perumbavoor native MM Muhammad, the bus conductor suffered burns on one of his hands.

The ticket machine of the Thiruvananthapuram-Sultan Bathery Super Deluxe bus was completely gutted in the fire. The machine belonged to the Bathery KSRTC depot. The incident happened at the staff lounge around 8 am on Thursday.

Meanwhile, KSRTC has initiated an inquiry regarding this accident.

It is assumed that the machine, manufactured by a company called MicroFX was exploded due to a short circuit. There were allegations of corruption when the machines were purchased during the reign of the previous LDF government. KSRTC faced serious allegations over giving the contract to a private company instead of a public sector company.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from Mathrubhumi.com

Youtube
Telegram
Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.