Fathima Fahna, Representational image | Photo: Mathrubhumi
Thrissur: A 57-year-old man died of suspected food poisoning in Avanoor here on Sunday. The deceased has been identified as Saseendran. His wife, mother and two others who reportedly had idlis from the house have been hospitalised.
Saseendran, his wife, mother and two coconut climbers showed uneasiness after having idlis, said reports. Saseendran vomited blood while all others had discomfort. All five were rushed to hospitals.
Saseendran succumbed at Medical College Hospital. His wife and the coconut climbers are undergoing treatment at the same hospital. While his mother is undergoing treatment at a private hospital.
Those under treatment remain unconscious, said hospital sources. Experts yet have not clarified whether it is food poisoning triggered or not. Meanwhile, Saseendran’s son who had food from outside is not affected.