Strict restrictions maybe extended; double masks must when going out
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala has gone for stringent restrictions from May 4 to May 9 in addition to the weekend lockdown but the government plans to extend the restrictions.
The extension of the restrictions and imposition of full lockdown will be decided after a review at the end of this week, chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan said. The lockdown maybe extended to one more week. The CPM state secretariat meet also mooted the idea of extension of lockdown for one more week.
The final decision on extending the lockdown will be arrived after evaluating the present situation. Chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan informed that double masks are mandatory when going out of houses. More people will be appointed to enforce the restrictions.
- When using double mask, first wear the surgical mask and then the cloth mask
- Buy essential commodities from nearby stores. Have sanitiser in hand when going out
- If mild symptoms are noticed at home, use mask inside homes too. All inmates of the house must wear masks. Go for Covid test and ensure if you are infected
- Direction has been given to Consumerfed and Civil Supplies Corporation for home delivery of essential goods
- Proper air circulation must be ensured by opening of windows in houses
- Police not to stop daily labourers or maid servants
- Vehicles transporting oxygen or medical supplies must be given police security if needed