Siblings die in Alappuzha from electric shock while washing car
Alappuzha: In a tragic incident, two siblings died after they suffered an electric shock while washing car on Sunday. The deceased were identified as Manoj (44) and Anil Balakrishnan (51), sons of late Chittattil Veettil Balakrishna Pillai. They are natives of AN Puram Ward, Alappuzha.
The incident took place on Sunday around 5.30 pm. The two were found dead by temple authorities who were going for a ritual. Anil was running a two wheeler service centre near his house. They suffered electrocution while washing car at the service centre. After suffering shock, the bodies were lying behind the car. The bodies were recovered after turning off the electricity supply with the help of lineman.
The two suffered shock from the compressor of the motor used in the service centre. Manoj was a medical representative at Kollam and came home for holidays. He is unmarried.
Mini is the wife of Anil Kumar. He is survived by two children. Both bodies were shifted to Vandanam medical college.