School authorities never told me about snakebite, says Shahla’s father
Sultan Bathery: Father of the Class 5 student, who died of snakebite here on Wednesday, said that the teachers never told him that she was bitten by a snake.
The revelation by Azeez, father of deceased Shahla Sherin, solidifies the argument that negligence by teachers led to the student’s death.
“I got a call from the school around 3.36 pm on Wednesday. They that Shahla’s leg got into a hole on the classroom floor and that she sustained a minor injury. When I reached the school, the headmaster himself showed me the hole,” said Azeez.
Kerala State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (KeSCPCR) has registered a suo-moto case in connection with the incident. It has ordered an inquiry by the district collector, police chief and deputy director of education. The report must be submitted within 15 days.
Moreover, Shahla was not administered anti-venom at the taluk hospital. The health department is probing into this.