Sabarimala: COVID certificate mandatory for devotees from other states
Thiruvananthapuram: In connection with reopening of Sabarimala temple, devotees from other states are directed to produce medical certificate declaring to be free of COVID. They have to apply through COVID Jagratha Portal. The test result from labs recognized by the central government only will be accepted.
Travel pass will be allowed as per the validity of the documents. Virtual queue has been made mandatory for all devotees and nobody will be allowed to enter through other ways. Also VIP darshan is not allowed. Upto 2500 devotees can have darshan on a day, said minister Kadakampally Surendran in a press meet.
- The temple will open from June 14 to 28 for monthly rituals and festival.
- 200 people will get registration within 1 hour. 50 devotees will be allowed to enter Sannidhanam at a time.
- Darshan is scheduled from 4 am to 1 pm and 4 pm to 11 pm. The spots in queue will be marked to maintain social distancing.
- No accommodation facility will be available at Sannidhanam. Devotees will be sent to Pamba after the shrine closes.
- Shops or hotels will not function. Annadanam is not allowed. Devaswom board will serve hot porridge.
- Those who want Appam and Aravana should book via online. Direct selling will be available.
- No entry for those aged below 10 years and above 65 years. No entry allowed through Vandiperiyar.
- Dolly service will not be available. Taking bath in Pamba river also will is prohibited.
- Private vehicles will be allowed till Pamba. KSRTC bus service will be available from depots.
- Wearing masks is mandatory. Thermal scanner will be arranged at Pamba and Sannidhanam.
- Only rituals will be performed as part of the festival. Entry is allowed as per COVID protocol only.