Kozhikode: As the number of COVID-19 patients who contracted the disease through contact increases in Kozhikode day by day, the district administration has decided to intensify the restrictions. The government has issued Epidemic Diseases Amendment Ordinance for imposing more restrictions. Kozhikode district Collector S. Sambasiva Rao informed that violation of rules will be stopped with this act.
The district Collector also informed that the public can report violation of social distancing rules at shops, markets and other public places through the COVID Jagratha application. Action will be taken based on the complaints filed by the people.
Guidelines to be strictly followed in public places and shops:
- Decide the number of customers to enter the shop according to the size of the shop.
- Display a poster stating the maximum number of customers and staff allowed in the shop at a time.
- Ensure that social distancing is strictly maintained.
- COVID precautions and details of the government systems to file complaints should be displayed.
- Customers should be provided facilities to wash their hands with sanitizer or hand wash before entering the shop.
- People going to shops should be subjected to thermal scanning.
- Customers should write their names, contact number and details on the register kept outside the shops.
- Nobody should be allowed enter without masks.
- Staff in shops and offices should follow safety protocols.
- Staff should maintain distance from the customers.
- Ensure that the staff have not COVID symptoms.
- Those who have COVID symptoms and those who are in quarantine should not go to shops and offices.
- Children aged below the age of 10 years, adults above the age of 60 years and pregnant women should avoid visiting shops.
- Equipment that are likely to be reused in barber shops and beauty parlours should be sanitized.
- Maintain social distancing in markets. No crowd gathering should be allowed.
- Both sellers and buyers in markets should wear masks and wash hands with soap and water frequently.
- Unnecessary visit to public places should be avoided.
- Strict legal action will be taken if precautionary measures are not taken in shops and offices and more than the allowed number of people are present.