Respiratory patient dies in Ernakulam; family says Brahmapuram smoke worsened his condition

By Our Correspondent 

1 min read
Read later

Representational Image | Photo: Mathrubhumi

Kochi: A man who had been suffering from respiratory ailments died in Ernakulam on Monday. The deceased has been identified as Lawrence Joseph (70), a native of Vazhakkala, Ernakulam.

The relatives of the man alleged that his condition worsened due to the smoke rising from Brahmapuram. “The intense smell of burning plastic becomes worse during night time. His (Lawrence Joseph) condition deteriorated after fire broke out in Brahmapuram,” said Joseph’s wife.

She added that Joseph died at their house and was later shifted to the hospital. However, the hospital authorities and district administration have not yet commented on the cause of the death.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.