Thiruvananthapuram: Though the devotees will not be allowed to enter any temple under the Travancore Devaswom Board, the rituals will be peformed regularly, said board president N Vasu. The entry to temples was restricted as part of coronavirus prevention protocol.
The board had made it clear earlier that the devotees will not be allowed to enter Administrative Officer Grade temples and Special Grade temples till March 31. However, the rule was later applied to all 1250 temples under the board in order to maintain high alert, said N Vasu.
The festival season in Sabarimala Sree Dharmasastha Temple begins on March 29. Only regular rituals and puja will be performed there also and devotees cannot enter the temple.
- Temples will be opened between 6 - 10 in the morning and 5.30 - 7.30 in the evening. The rituals will be scheduled during this hours.
- Elephants should not used for festival processions. Also festival should be limited to the rituals within the temple.
- The pre-booked offerings will be rescheduled conveniently.
- Until March 31, Saturdays will be holiday for the devaswom board staff.
- Officials starting from the rank of Assistant Commissioner and Assistant Engineer and those below their ranks should work on alternate days only. This is not applicable for Group Assistant Devaswom Commissioners and Administrative Officers.
- All temple staff will be provided mask and gloves. Sanitizer will be made available in all temples.
- Rituals like Annadanam and Balitharpanam have been temporarily stopped.
- Those who booked auditoriums for wedding and later cancelled the wedding will get a refund.