Vande Bharat Express, KT Jaleel | Photo: Mathrubhumi
Malappuram: Thavanur MLA KT Jaleel slammed the railways for not granting stops for 14 major trains, including Vande Bharat Express and Rajdhani Express, in Tirur or at any other railway stations in Malappuram district.
“Malappuram is the most populated district in Kerala. According to the latest census, the district has a population of over 45 lakh. The residents of Malappuram also pay taxes just as others. Indian Railway that neglects Malappuram has to remember this,” wrote Jaleel in his Facebook post.
Jaleel urged the public to raise protest against the disregard shown to Malappuram. The members of parliament from Malappuram have to inform the people if they have any issues to kick off a protest against the union government, noted Jaleel.
Jaleel listed out the trains which have no stops at Malappuram:
- Kerala Sampark Kranti Express (12217)
- Tirunelveli- Jamnagar Express (19577)
- Tirunelveli- Dadar Express (22630)
- Kochuveli- Rishikesh Express (22659)
- Thiruvananthapuram- Hazrat Nizamuddin Superfast Express (22653)
- Jabalpur Special Fare Superfast Express (12197)
- Gandhidham Humsafar Express (20923)
- Ernakulam- Hazrat Nizamuddin Sf Express (22655)
- Amritsar Weekly Sf Express (12483)
- Thiruvananthapuram- Hazrat Nizamuddin Sf Express (22633)
- Indore Weekly Sf Express (20931)
- Hazrat Nizamuddin Rajdhani Express (12431)
- Hisar AC Sf Express (22476)
- Vande Bharat Express