Poll debacle: CPM to prepare special report
Kollam: The CPM is all set to discuss in detail the reasons for their poll debacle identified through the door-to-door visit programme. Based on the poll debacle and the conclusions derived out of the door-to-door visit programme, the state secretariat will be convened on August 18, 19 and 20 and the state committee meeting in the following three days.
The meeting will take actions to correct the mistakes that led to the poll debacle and prepare a special report based on the matters discussed. The discussions in the lower levels will be based on this report.
The functioning of the state government also will be subjected to discussion. The discussions are conducted in order to prepare the party to face the upcoming assembly bypolls and the local body polls to be held next October.
Reasons of poll debacle found out through door-to-door visit programme
- Protest formed among believers after activist women were allowed to trek Sabarimala in the backdrop of Supreme Court verdict allowing women entry into the temple.
- Minority communities supported Congress in order to stop BJP from coming to power.
- Assumptions that Rahul Gandhi will become prime minister.
- Frequent incidents of police attack and political murders.
- Politicization of governmental systems.
- Delay in flood relief activities.