Penalty for petty cases fixed at Rs 500 –Rs 5000; Kerala Police Act amended
Thiruvananthapuram: The Kerala Police Act has been amended after fixing penalty for petty offences. As per the new amendment, a penalty from Rs 500 to Rs 5000 will be levied according to the nature of the offence.
Police officers in the post of station house officer or Sub Inspector Rank will be able to impose a penalty upto Rs 1000. The district police chief will levy penalty upto Rs 5000.
Other offences and penalty
- Rs 5000 will be levied for usurping the responsibilities and powers of the police.
- Misleading essential service officials like police and Fire Force with false information will lead to Rs 5000 as penalty.
- Sale of drug products to those under 18 years and sale of products harmful to health near school premises will invite Rs 5000.
- Those who use non-motor vehicles like bicycle, half an hour before sunrise and sunset without proper light, are liable to pay Rs 500 as penalty once nabbed by police.
- A penalty of Rs 500 will be imposed for taking vehicles with loads which protrude five feet from the vehicle.
- People will be made to pay a fine of Rs 500 if they leave their domestic animals uncared or causing disturbance to the public.
- Those who display posters defaming or threatening someone must pay Rs 1000.
- A penalty of Rs 1000 will be imposed for disturbing someone over phone or email.