Palakkad girl dies of rabies after getting bitten by neighbour's dog

1 min read
Read later

Palakkad: A college student died of rabies infection after getting bitten by her neighbour's dog here on Thursday. The deceased has been identified as Sreelakshmi (19), hailing from Mangara.

It is learnt that she was bitten by the dog while heading to college on May 30. Following this, she took the vaccine instructed by Health Department and didn't show any health concerns for two days.

Sreelakshmi was rushed to a private hospital after she started showing signs of rabies infection two days back. Later, she was shifted to Thrissur Medical College after her condition worsened.

The health department officials visited the house and initiated an investigation. Sreelakshmi is studying BCA at Nehru College in Coimbatore.

An elderly lady from her neighbourhood was also bitten by the same dog. However, her condition is normal as of now.

Add Comment
Related Topics

Get daily updates from

Disclaimer: Kindly avoid objectionable, derogatory, unlawful and lewd comments, while responding to reports. Such comments are punishable under cyber laws. Please keep away from personal attacks. The opinions expressed here are the personal opinions of readers and not that of Mathrubhumi.

Suresh Gopi

1 min

Don’t see me as a `Sanghi', I'm a former SFI activist, says Suresh Gopi

Oct 4, 2023

suresh gopi

2 min

Suresh Gopi hints at introduction of central rules for regulating temples

Oct 4, 2023


1 min

Electricity crisis in Kerala: Authorities take a u-turn, reinstate former contracts

Oct 4, 2023