Thiruvananthapuram: The State Bank of India (SBI) will soon implement the ‘One Nation, One Card’ system in Kerala. The discussions between the bank and the state government in this regard are progressing.
SBI has already designed the card and submitted it to the government. A single card can be used as ATM card, driving license and ration card. This can also be used for getting travel tickets and other services also.
SBI Chief General Manager Mrigendra Lal Das told ‘Mathrubhumi’ that the card will be given to customers once the government approves it. The card design was handed over to Transport Department Principal Secretary K. R. Jyothilal.
Card at a glance
- Front side of the card looks like driving license
- Back side resembles ATM card
- Driving license
- ATM card
- Ration card (Add details of ration card to buy ration and pay money)
- Wallet facility to carry upto Rs 2000
- Prepaid card to get tickets and other services in metro and bus
- Other services approved by the government can also be added
- Need not carry many card
- Encourage digital transaction
It was Prime Minister Narendra Modi who suggested the concept of ‘One Nation, One Card’. Following this, National Common Mobility (NCM) Card was designed. SBI has granted such cards to MPs and metros in Nasik and Nagpur. SBI followed this model to design the card for Kerala.