Thiruvananthapuram: Health Minister Veena George on Friday said that people with symptoms including fever should not visit public places.
People with fever should not go to offices, colleges or schools. People with other illness should be tested for Covid-19 if they have symptoms of fever. In case of symptoms like cold, one should monitor themself at home, the health minister said.
The minister assured that the entire situation in the state and the activities of the health department are being assessed and monitored. There is no need to worry at this stage but everyone should exercise caution and be responsible not to spread the virus, she added.
Of the total 1,99,041 covid cases in the state, only three per cent are admitted to hospitals. Of these, only 0.7 per cent require oxygen and beds and 0.6% require ICU.
- Availability and use of ventilators in medical colleges have been declining, according to the latest figures. Total usage has dropped by two per cent.
- The Infection Control Team should be formed in all institutions and offices as per the Cluster Management Guideline issued by the Health Department.
- Selected individuals should be trained on the guidelines to be followed in institutions and offices. Training-related support will be provided by health care workers on the district level.
- The main responsibility of the team is to check the symptoms daily using a checklist.
- If more than ten people are affected by Covid, the institution will become a large cluster. If more than ten people are tested positive and more than five clusters are formed, the institution/office will have to be closed for five days on the advice of the health department officials.
- Wherever possible, offices and institutions should be kept open. Ensure that all offices and establishments have ventilated spaces. Also make sure that mask is worn properly inside the office.