K Sudhakaran | Photo: ANI
Thiruvananthapuram: In a bid to reform KPCC offices, a set of new guidelines have been formulated for staff appointments. KPCC President K Sudhakaran approved the guidelines here on Thursday.
Educational qualification, party membership and work experience have been made mandatory for each post.
Initially, the appointment will be made for five years. However, it can be extended on the basis of the candidate’s performance. The guidelines, which include 10 directions, are applicable for the staff appointments to the District Congress Committee (DCC) offices too.
The decision to formulate new guidelines came in the backdrop of the recent fund collection controversy.
Meanwhile, an administrative officer was appointed to take care of office matters, the other day.
- An inquiry report and recommendation by presidents at all levels, from booth in the candidate’s residential area to the DCC, are required for appointment.
- There shall be a maximum of 18 staff, including four drivers, in KPCC offices, while seven people will be employed in the DCC offices.
- Volunteers should also be considered for appointments.
- Women, below 45 years, and people belonging to backward communities should be appointed to 50 per cent of the total vacancies.
- Training should be given for an initial six months.
- Maximum age limit: 65 years