MoU still valid; change in fishing policy a conspiracy, says Ramesh Chennithala
Thiruvananthapuram: Leader of Opposition Ramesh Chennithala on Tuesday demanded cancellation of all contracts pertaining to EMCC International.
Addressing a press conference here, the Congress leader said that the first MoU signed with EMCC International was still valid. He added that the conspiracy to let the foreign corporate company loot Kerala’s coast had been taking place since 2018.
The MoU of Rs 5,000 crore remains valid even now. The government has not said anything about cancelling the same. No action has been taken to reclaim the 4 acres of land at Pallippuram that was handed over to EMCC. The government is yet to take any action regarding the changes it had made to the fishing policy. The situation is such that the controversial project can be brought back at any time, said Ramesh Chennithala.
A conspiracy has been going on since 2018. Now it is proved that representatives of EMCC had held discussions with Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan twice. The company stated that it provided the detailed project documents as per the instruction of the CM. But the CM is hiding these facts and is lying to mislead the people, Ramesh Chennithala said.
“The cabinet would have approved the project had the Opposition not revealed it. Had that happened, the foreign company would have cheated the traditional fishermen of Kerala and looted the coast in just three or four years. The matter will not be solved by only cancelling the sub-contract,” he said.