Vasantha Vihar, Representational image | Photo: Screengrab, Mathrubhumi
Kochi: North Paravur municipality chairperson VA Prabhavathy said on Thursday that stringent action will be taken against those responsible in the incident where a millipede was found inside a masala dosa served at Vasantha Vihar in Paravur, Kochi.
“Inspections are carried out at all restaurants every day. We do not know what exactly happened in the case of the millipede incident. Action has been taken to shut down the restaurant immediately,” said Prabhavathy.
The incident took place around 10 am on Thursday. Reportedly, a family from Manjali, who ordered masala dosa, found a millipede in the served food. Following which, they lodged a complaint with the police.
Later, the health department of the municipality conducted inspection and found that the restaurant kitchen was unhygienic.
Earlier, as many as 70 people, who had food at Majlis restaurant in Paravur, had sought treatment for food poisoning and were hospitalised.