Kozhikode: Medical examination has confirmed that the death of Yousuf Ali, a 4-year-old boy from Kappad in Kozhikode district, was due to food poisoning.
The medical report revealed that the boy died as a result of infection in brain and lungs.
Police suspect it as a case of food poisoning, but not sure from which food he got affected. Yousuf Ali had consumed jelly pudding from a shop near bus stand and before that, he had some egg cake and juice from a relatives house.
Yousuf Ali's mother Suharabi was also affected by food poisoning and underwent treatment at Kozhikode Medical College. She left the hospital on Monday after her health condition improved.
Police initially thought the food poisoning was caused by the pudding, which Yousuf Ali and his mother Suharabi consumed from a bakery near the mofussil bus stand. However, the fact that their relative, from whose house they consumed cake and juice, had also fell ill has made police to sent that food sample for testing.