Agricultural Minister P Prasad inaugurating the Mathrubhumi agriculture fair
Palakkad: Agriculture Minister P Prasad announced Rs 1,400 crore welfare scheme for farmers while inaugurating Mathrubhumi agriculture fair at Gandhi Municipal Stadium in Palakkad on Friday. The project will be rolled out with the assistance of World Bank. The minister also ensured all interventions to curb exit of individuals traditionally involved in the spectrum.
Apart from the Rs 1,400 crore scheme, the minister announced major plans of the government to develop the agri sector. They are:
- Actualization of Kerala Agro Business Company within six months to ensure income and progress to farmers
- Value and Agriculture Mission for production of value added agri products
- Focus on one Krishi Bhavan one product program
- Launch of India’s first carbon neutral agri-farm at Aluva in November
- Proposal for launch of organic farming mission under consideration
- Focus on crop-based farming and implementation of 10,800 such farm plans in this fiscal
The five-day agriculture fair, organised as part of Mathrubhumi’s centenary celebrations, will include around 150 stalls, seminars, open forums and exhibition of agricultural products.