Massive fire at cricketer Sreesanth’s house in Kochi
Kochi: A massive fire occurred at cricketer Sreesanth’s house in Edappally here. The incident occurred on wee hours of Saturday around 2 am. According to reports, a room was completely charred. However, no one was injured.
While Sreesanth was away shooting for a film in Mumbai, his wife, children and domestic helps were in the house. They were trapped inside and were taken out through glass panes by fire and rescue service force.
After huge fire and smoke were seen from the house, neighbours informed the fire force. Fire units from Trikkakkara and Gandhinagar arrived the spot and helped in putting out the fire.
According to Sreesanth, the fire broke out in the drawing room in the ground floor when his wife and children were on the first floor.
It is believed that a short circuit in a ceiling fan caused the fire.
The family has been moved out of the house and is awaiting the arrival of Sreesanth.
Sreesanth, who has taken 87 wickets in 27 Tests and has been a part of two World Cup winning India teams, was banned for life by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for his alleged involvement in a spot-fixing scandal during the Indian Premier League in 2013.
Earlier this week, his life ban was reduced to seven years when BCCI Ombudsman Justice (retd) D.K. Jain decided to end his suspension on September 12, 2020.